Sunday, January 7, 2007

New day new post...

I love sundays.

I was able to finish a whole bottle of sake last night and play some Okami. I played until 0200h, when my fatigue kicked in and I zonked. The place is much more organized, as Dawn and I have built some organizers, then scoured the bathroom and the kitchen. This place is almost livable.

I got to play only after Dawn finished with Final Fantasy X, which she hasn't played through. I'm starting to believe that pursuing the current generation game machines aren't all it's cracked up to be; it's just as entertaining to play the older games, and there are a lot that I haven't played. Besides, with all my dedications (see list on right), I only have one night to really get into anything game-related, and that's Saturday night.

Anyway, I played out the perfect morning. Woke up late, ate breakfast first thing, cleaned up thoroughly, did my meditations, reading, and brain exercises (Brain Age, Konductra, Sudoku), and am writing in my blog. I obviously can't do this every day, so I have to compromise for workdays, but this feels pretty damned good. I also have to figure out how in the heck I'll fit in exercise. This wasn't a problem a couple months ago, but since I've fallen off of the wagon so to speak it's been a bit more difficult to get motivated in the morning. I'll have to come up with some sort of a schedule, then figure out how long it'll take me and retime my sleep schedule accordingly. I'm also going to figure out how to lighten my nighttime activity, so that getting to bed at 9-10pm isn't so difficult (this'll make getting up at 5 to have enough time to get going in the morning easier).

Also, I installed MSys and MinGW yesterday. I was having trouble with the wxHaskell toolchain under GHC6.6, and I figured I'd build from the ground up. I haven't coded C++ in a long time and now is as good a time as any to refresh my skills. If you haven't learned any Haskell, it's a fascinating language. It is the model functional language now, and can do a lot of stuff with very elegant code. It does take a lot of rewiring though.

I have about 4 or 5 different coding projects I do want to commence upon. I have a Swing coding project involving a new IDE system, which I've thought about for several years now but have done nothing towards. I also want to build my own brain training regime, based off of my reading and some other ideas that I've had about the subject. That, along with a new organizer program that I want to build in Haskell, and a new card game that I've placed in a Google Notebook called TaxiCab which is a variant of the Japanese series of card games involving Hanafuda cards called Koikoi (two things to note here: I discovered this fascinating variation of games from Clubhouse Games, and also learned at the same time that this is how Nintendo got its start as a company). Anyway, enough of that tangent. Needless to say I have a lot of coding work to do. I believe my track for today will be to get my papers organized, then vacuum, mop the kitchen (the one thing we didn't do yesterday), and then code for the rest of the afternoon, taking a break to come up with a daily plan for the next week.

No comments: