Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Lack of acrimony...

Acrimony is the word of the day, and what's remarkable is its absence; it's amazing that even after all the stuff I've burroughed through in the last few days, that I have nothing sarcastic or cynical to think. My breakup with Dawn is prolonged and melancholy, but not sharp or critical. We just mostly avoid each other as she remains here until she moves in with a friend. Her boxes are piling up, the lacuna of her stuff more striking than the stuff itself. I just removed her from my Wii. I think that both of us are more than ready to have this over as soon as possible, but that doesn't mean we wanted it to happen in the first place.

The important thing to learn from all of this is that you have to be careful with whom you choose to live. What remarkable relationship you have with someone will be cast in a much different light once you share living quarters with that person, and no matter how great your link is with someone, no matter how much you love them and they share that love, you must accept the fact that some people cannot live with one another, and to do so will create great and miserable sadness that the love itself can not overcome. One should ease into these things slowly, carefully, and mindfully, knowing that some things are meant to be and some aren't, no matter how truthful that knowledge is.

Now that I've cleared my mind about said issue, I will speak of it no longer.

No comments: